Search This Blog - Type a key word to find any itersem form our cou

Jul 4, 2012

Practice File 9 - Key

Put the verbs in brackets in the past simple or past perfect


1 had  2 was  3 had gone  4 was  5 had spent  6 watched  7 decided  8 felt   9 had locked  10 had closed
11 heard  12 was  13 got  14 walked 15 opened  16 laughed  17 had forgotten

Rewrite these sentences....
1 He asked me what the was.
2 She asked me where the post office was.
3 He asked me why I was late.
4.My brother wanted to know if it was raining again.
5 He wanted to know if I had ever met someone famous.

Put the words in these reported .....

1 He asked me if I had ever been to London
2 They wanted to know who he was.
3 I asked her to tell me her phone number.
4. She wanted to know why I wanted it.
5 The doctor asked me if I was feeling tired.
6 I asked the doctor what was wrong with me.

Key Word Transformation

1. Jane told her mother she needed help to do her homework.
3. After he had studied for 5 years, he got a degree.
4  I couldn't see the movie because they had closed the cinema 2 days ago.
5 Jack said he was leaving the next day for a holiday.
6 He told her he would phone her.
7 He said he had lost all his money on the train.
8 The boy asked Lisa where she was born.
9 She asked him if he was going to give her the money or not.
10 The police officer told Jack he couldn't park there.
11 What are you going to do at the weekend?

Word Formation

Failure  - retirement  -  reliable  - impatient  - talkative

Fill n the blanks

1 been   2 never  3 had  4 when   5 was  6 told   7 but  8 luckily  9 stop  10 since


No comments:

Post a Comment