Search This Blog - Type a key word to find any itersem form our cou

Aug 19, 2010

Vocabulary - Word Formation

Word Formation
1.
ü South (noun)
ü South (adjective)
ü South (adverb): towards the south
ü Southern (adjective): in or from the south part of an area
He travelled directly________, by the ________route, towards the ________ of the island near ________ Africa.
He travelled directly south, by the southern route, towards the south of the island near South Africa.
2.
ü Raffle (noun)
ü Raffle (verb)
Last month the supermarket ________ a bike. I didn’t win but, luckily, I won a car in a ________ yesterday!
Last month the supermarket raffled a bike. I didn’t win but, luckily, I won a car in a raffle yesterday!
3.
ü Excite (verb)
ü Excited (adjective)
ü Excitement (noun)
ü Exciting (adjective)
This is a really ________book. I was very ________ when Mark gave it to me.
Nothing about my life ________ me at present. I want________!. What should I do?
This is a really exciting book. I was very excited when Mark gave it to me.
Nothing about my life excites me at present. I want excitement!. What should I do?
4.
ü Employment (noun)
ü Employ (verb)
ü Employee (noun)
ü Employer (noun)
ü Employable (adjective)
ü Be employed in doing something
Conversation 1
A- How many people does the company ________?
B- They _______ over thousand persons. They have several________. It is one of the largest _______ in the area.
A- Did you fin a job in that company?
B- Unfortunately no, they told me that I was an ________ person but they weren’t looking for another accountant. I’m finding it more and more difficult to find ________.
Conversation 2
A- Could you phone Mary yesterday?
B- No, I was _______ in cooking.
Conversation 1
A- How many people does the company employ?
B- They employ over thousand persons. They have several employees. It is one of the largest employers in the area.
A- Did you fin a job in that company?
B- Unfortunately no, they told me that I was an employable person but they weren’t looking for another accountant. I’m finding it more and more difficult to find employment.
Conversation 2
A- Could you phone Mary yesterday?
B- No, I was employed in cooking.
Pilar Souto

No comments:

Post a Comment